Thursday, September 7, 2017

7/29/17

Late as hell...


It was the Hickoids at AGBG with Chicken Snake. They drove over from New Orleans to do a little rock and roll with us. I walked up after parking and Pauline was sitting outside talking with Smitty. She said "Don't you play in South Filthy?" My response was "Yes, Who are you? and I love you!"


New best friend. Seriously. I was a little out of it before I got there but not after we met!


They went up and killed it. The best standing two-drum, drummer I've ever seen. She actually made it groove. Not an easy task with so little to work with. And everything else made me happy as hell. We got to get back to NO for some shows with them.


We went up and it was the usual Hickoid stupidity. Loud and dumb with beer spilled all over the floor. At the end of the night Johnnie Hell got up and played drums with Lance sliding over to play the floor tom. Possibly the best musical Hickoid moment ever. My grin went on so long I forgot to type this up...

No comments:

Post a Comment