Saturday, October 6, 2018

10/5/18

First night of ACL

This is another one of those times where reality gets in the way of the music.  I had a cracked tooth repaired the day after the last Bigfoot show and I was felling pretty fucked for the beginning of the big fest.  Aging, reality... I’m over it. 

I have a novocaine allergy so I spent most of the day “coming down” from the shots they gave me the day before. The whole afternoon I was feeling like the inside of my tongue was itchy. And my gums and cheeks were either on fire or felt like they needed cleaning with a wire brush.  I picked up some better meds and hoped I’d make the show....

We were second of five and I took some pain pills and swabbed my teeth and gums with a numbing gel right before we went up. Not the best but it took care of me. 

Our set was a fucking mess.  We hadn’t seen each other since the tour so no real rehearsal.  The Empire Control room is a weird place to play anyway. The stage looks big but it’s not in reality. And there is a screen behind it with another few feet before the back wall so there is zero acoustic reinforcement.  Bass always sounds like crap in that situation. Also Cody fell down drunk right before the amp he was using fried a capacitor. It was that kinda night. 


White Horse tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment