Wednesday, November 7, 2018

10/14/18

While the last tunes were being played at the “real” ACL we had something brewing at the South Austin Museum Of Popular Culture. A Davy Jones cartoon retrospective with the proceeds going to a book of his work. 

It was pretty cool. Loads of gig posters (several shows I played) loads of comics from when he was in the army and a bunch of the normal Davy’s hilarious  bullshit. It was nice to see. 

Hickoids went up after Pony. We had a sloppy good set. But at some point I turned the bass up a little too loud and I made my cabinets vibrate off of each other throwing the head and the top cabinet to the ground, not the best but apparently nothing is fucked. I finished the set and did another after with no problems. 

Frontier Dan got up with us. As usual it was a blast with him. He is always so happy when he gets up with us.  Same for me.  


Bigfoot finished it off. We even got Cody up to wawa a solo on Whale for a little insiders treat to Jones. It was a really nice night. And I got to play for a couple of hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment