Saturday, June 2, 2012

6/1/12

Looks like I'm back from the dead.

Hickoids at the Triple Crown in San Marcos with Chief Fuzzer and The Jocks. Two SM bands that always deliver. Since my last time playing there they have made some serious improvements to the stage. It was still crowded as fuck once six Hickoids were up there (even with the new bass rigs slim profile, so sheik!) but me and the girls would fit fine. Speaking of which...

Breakdown

First off it was a treat getting out to play. After a week of sick I needed to be loud. I feel like I played (and sang) like crap, but I got to play and sing and I haven't done that in a week. Not even in the house. Another step towards my normal.

No drinking for me (yet). So no report on the boozin, sorry. I'll be back to normal soon enough.

I'm still learning the TC rig. I'm getting all kinds of cool sounds out of it and it's SPL capabilities are very nice. I'm sure I'll do a real "review" of it soon, but currently my favorite part is having a 12" driver punching me in the chest. It feels really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment