Wednesday, April 3, 2013

3/31/13

Day 10 London


I know it's way late, but here it is, the last show.

It was at the Islington which is a club named after a neighborhood in London (where it is also located). When I told my UK family about it they would say 

"Oh great! Where is it"
"The Islington"
"But what is the name of the club"

And so on...


Country Dirt started things off
with a fairly straight forward country set. Straight forward if you weren't paying any attention to the lyrics. Then it's a whole different story! Marianna had some carnival barker level sills. A tremendous ability to sling the bullshit. I didn't hear it at first, but damn!


Bob Collum had a nice, tight set and the Hicks were on. It was a little rough for us (must have been missing those Grannies) but we got through and and the crowd was in to it. They went crazy when we whipped our Gudbye t' Jane on them. Those islanders love their Slade!


That was it. I repacked my bags for the flight home, shook a bunch of hands, gave out some Cds and hugs and the Hickoids headed off towards home. 

Things were about to get rough for us, but that is another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment