Friday, July 12, 2013

7/10/13

It was me and the ladies at the Sahara Lounge last night. We rocked them in deep east Austin. Ralph White and Kirkland James opened things up. Pretty cool hearing a resonator guitar plugged in to an amp with blues fiddle over the top. There were some extremely cool moments in their set.

The ladies and I loaded up and did our bit. Since it was a blues kind of night we didn't do too many "rock" numbers. We kept things swampy and lowdown. That stage was bouncing in no time. At some point in our set I was jumping around and some of my sweat hit Draya in the face. Disgusting or sexy? You decide.

Kingdom of Suicide Lovers were next. I stayed for most of their garagey set. I love a female bass player, but I love them even more when they are LEFT HANDED!!! We southpaws look out for each other (or we are thinking "I want that bass/guitar").

Breakdown

I love this place. It reminds me of several of the crap holes I played back in Tennessee. The only real difference is this is an actual legal bar. They buy liquor from a distributor they don't make it in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment