Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hickoids in Europe!

The Hickoids are back in Europe. They flew out yesterday to do a bunch of shows over the next three and a half weeks. The line up is a little different, but the feeling is still there. I mentioned before I had a bunch of obligations that prevented me from going on this tour, but recently Davy came down with an illness that is (temporally) kicking his ass so he isn't making it either...

The Hickoids are 40% different.

Last Friday the "new" version had a show at the Longbranch and it was a trial by fire kind of an affair. They only had two practices before it so there were a bunch of mistakes and miscues, but the feeling was still there and they rocked it! The strangest part for me was watching and not playing. Really weird seeing it from the "other side" and only hearing some of the regular parts in my head (instead of hearing it in the room). I'm not complaining at all, I had a really fun time even though it was a very surreal evening for me.

If you are in Europe and you need a little dose of Cow-Punk over the next few weeks I'd recommend checking them out. Check out the schedule here !  It wont be the same as it was last year, but it's gonna be pretty damn cool.

Davy and I will be hanging out in Austin riding bikes, swimming, working on our mustaches and writing songs for "Snuff Box". But mostly we will be waiting for the other fellas to come back so we can play that Mojo Nixon show at the Hole in the Wall at the end of June. Basically it's business as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment