Friday, August 8, 2014

8/2/14



Day two, Seattle

We finished the drive to Seattle, napped it up at the hotel then headed to Slims. What a cool joint with some really good porter on tap! We played here the last time we were in town five or six years ago. That time we were on the inside stage and this time we were outside (it was so nice outside) where the stage is the bed of a truck. 

First off was Adrian Conner, she played an SG through a Marshall half stack and she played it exactly like that kind of rig should be played. At first I thought the bass player was just solid as shit, but it quickly became clear that she was really just a badass. And the drummer played like an animal. I really liked their set and I wish they played longer. 

Communist Eyes were next and they had a real punchy set. But before they went on I was told my old buddy Miss Xanna was there! Apparently she and her wife moved up there a year and a half ago and and they are digging it. She also hooked me up with some very tasty, legal weed!!!  Washington state, you are a brilliant place. 

We got up and it was the first time I've ever played a show when the stage was an all metal truck bed (I have played on several other truck beds in the past but this was the first all metal one.) It was nice and bouncy up there and it kept throbbing a little after the beat. That really kept my head in the songs, I didn't want to screw up too much. 

After we headed back to the hotel and I got three hours of sleep before I went to the airport for a shirt trip to Vegas! I've been working hard, I NEED a break...

Lance, Cody and Smitty are hanging in Seattle for another day. Tom had it the worst. His flight home was at 6am and he has to do inventory right after he gets there. Awful.  

One more little thing. I guess I was a little to harsh on the Austin airports security. SEA made me break my case down and they swabbed it (I'm assuming it's gonna happen in Vegas as well) so it's not an AUS thing, it's a TSA thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment