Sunday, September 20, 2015

9/18/15


The Swishbucklers are back! We played at Tex Pop in San Antonio for our pal Belle's birthday. We will play together a grand total of three times this year, and that includes the one rehearsal we had Thursday night. 

I drove to Lance's house and we made the rest of the drive together. When I got to his place he was already in full costume AND make up! The man is committed or should be committed, I'm not the person who makes those kinds of decisions. 

The show was decent. I really like playing guitar in a band that isn't mine. It's fun to just wank around with a slide and not worry about pushing the beat all the time like I have to do when I'm playing bass. This band is practically a vacation since I don't even sing in it! What I'm getting at is I could basically just show up, set up and set my slide in motion while I take a nap. It's rare I get to do something this fun that isn't that much work.

Cock in my pocket was last. Here is a little musician math. 50% of cock in my pocket are in the Hickoids and The Swishbucklers. 100% of them are in the Gay Sportscasters. Welcome to the reality of bands music fans.

Cock's set was great until the cops showed up... Smitty was about to get a ticket and they were gonna shut it down, but he agreed to do two more if someone would make sure both the front and back doors stayed shut. I was on the back and did my duty while they finished up with a seriously badassed version of Iggy's No Fun. They really hit the groove in that tune. The cops left and eventually Lance and I drove back home. 

More 'bucklin tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment