Friday, October 2, 2015

9/26/15

Then it was Saturday and we were still in New Orleans. Well most of us were, Cody had to jet off to play a show somewhere in Central Texas, but the rest of us were there and so was Rowsey. And the folks over at Siberia casually  mentioned that their happy hour band canceled on them. I just happened to have my Les Paul and Tom had his Bass. By some miracle of chance (i.e. planning) all of us had our Swishbuckling gear, so we strapped it on for one more round of pirate rock.

The crowd was thin, but since we finalized the the show a couple of hours before it happened you can't expect a huge turnout. It's a little bittersweet, we probably played the best show of the year (for the 'bucklers) to ten people. You could tell that we all knew the songs better and the confidence level was high. Smooth sailing would be an appropriate metaphor here, or a half assed pun...

I played through Cody's rig, a giant Marshal head on a 4X10 Orange cabinet. I went through the second input and kept the volume on one and a half. When it went to two it was way too much. His rig has no tremolo (I've come to rely on it) so I had to screw around with my delay pedal to try to mimic the sound the best I could. I eventually got something decent but I couldn't help thinking I sounded a little like The Edge...

After the set we packed up the Freak Van started the drive back home. We really got on the road around 11PM after a dinner at America's shittiest diner and we made it to my place around 7AM. Not a bad little drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment