Thursday, February 4, 2016

1/30/16

San Antonio Saturday night!

It was a glorious drive, the traffic was very light and I made it to Hi Tones in no time. We were on first, It's been a while since that's happened. Harvey mac Laughlin and the Bottom Feeders were next, they had a single release and made up a really cool silk screened poster. I love that shit! Javier Escovedo finished the night up. I'd never see a song of the other bands, my lame ass needed to be up for a flight in the morning so I headed home right after our set.

This show was pretty much the opposite of the night before. We rocked hard with very little effort. It might be because we were in San Antonio or that there were no bleeding teenagers walking around screaming before the set. It doesn't really matter...

I exchanged a few words with Javier after our set, the dude is cool as shit. Very complementary about the Hickoids and about me as a bass player (aww shucks...) makes me feel good even though I was out the door twenty minutes after our last note. Wish I could have seen his set, if it was half as good as the night before it was something.

No comments:

Post a Comment