Thursday, October 5, 2017

10/4/17

It's (almost) Austin Corn Lovers Fiesta time! The true ACL weekend one officially starts Friday, but we have a couple of preview shows first.


Hickoids played at Jandro's in San Antonio last night. I'd never been there, but it's another new/cool place on St Mary's. The ever expanding street of rock.


We were last after two bands from Sweden and our buddies Pat Todd and the Rank Outsiders!!! Bring it!



I was running a little late so I thought I'd only catch one of the Swede collectives, but the night was running late... I showed up when Shady and the Vamp were two songs in. Rocking ass set. As were the Martin Savage Gang. Both bands had the core "Vamp" and then (I'm assuming) Martin Savage added in on guitar and vocals. Two sets of high energy rock and roll. A great way to start the night.


Pat was Pat. Always engaging while the Outsiders sling that no bullshit rock and roll. This was the first of three in a row we are doing with them. I'm lucky as hell sometimes. We get all of this out-of-town love in for ACL.



Speaking of, Frontier Dan is in to do his part. He is hopping up for a few songs each night with us. It's always a treat to play with that dude. The comedy runs high when Dan is around. AND he brought his Theremin!! I love it...


We finished up around the time I thought I'd be back home and in bed... No big deal, sleep will come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment