Saturday, April 21, 2018

4/5/18

Had a little solo set the other day.

My buddy Ken Jones was hosting a music happy hour at the Austin Poetry festival. He'd put out a call for a non-paying gig and it sounded like the perfect opportunity to get off my ass and work up my solo act. So I did!

I got there and Ken was up doing his thing with a guy on percussion, I was next. They finished and before I started setting up I asked the guy on drums if he wanted to play. He was in so solo set be damned!! I was a duo?...

He was on my shit. Right with me through every style I play. He was hitting a nice groove the whole time. We were up to the tenth song and I threw out "99 Bottles of Beer" so he could do the solos.  He tore that shit up!

After I packed up I shook his hand and thanked him, but it wasn't until I was back home that I realized I didn't remember his name... Kinda lame and beautiful at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment