Saturday, April 15, 2023

4/8/23

Here it is. The first Baltimore gig!


My buddy Lonesome Dave Fisher called me up asking if I was free to play bass with him on a Clash hoot night at a place called 1919. It’s this cool bar down in Fells Point that is crazy supportive of live music and it has all of the feels. 


No chance for a rehearsal with the whole band, Dave and the drummer, Skizz did a run through once though so there was some rehearsing. But no chance for all of us to get together, I was going by the charts I wrote up. 


We were third of three, the perfect spot and we tore it the hell up! On a couple of tunes Dave had a real “oh fuck yeah” look on his face as he jumped in to some lengthy solos. Really stretching the regular Clash format. It was awesome. 


It was short, but what a great first show!

No comments:

Post a Comment