Monday, January 22, 2024

11/12/23

 So late on this one…


This was supposed to be a repeat of the last 1919 show with Drew but at the Cats Eye, he ended up getting sick and we did this instead. What a weird night. 


“Hey Scott, why don’t you me and Tim do a few of my tunes at the top to burn some time before the rest of the Fleet Street guys can make it we finish with a Fleet Street show?”


“Good idea but let’s get a bass player for your stuff then we let Fleet Street take over. Oh and Buddy is gonna play harp with us the whole night”


And that is how I played some of my music for the fist time in Baltimore. Last minute,showing my tunes to the band onstage. 


Honestly it was pretty great. It would not have been my first choice but it was easy to just let things go and have fun with it. Felt good going down the list of tunes for the crowd. “Let’s see we did the one about killing that guy, the one about being naked, the one about boobs but we haven’t played the one about fucking yet”. 


Solid reaction. 


We wrapped that and I switched to bass and from there we just did a Fleet Street show. Lots of fun and I love playing with those guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment