Sunday, October 13, 2024

9/14/2024

 It’s a band!! And I’m in it!!

Still doing the weekly at church but this new group has a monthly at the Home Club already and it’s pretty exciting. 


Tony and Scott from the jam and Fleet Street Blues, I filled in for Tony a yearish back  when he was out on tour. Anyway this other dude George moves back to the city and wanted to get something going. He and I got together once, then Scott and the two of us and it was done. We were doing something. 


Three guitars Tony on bass and Mike on drums. He’s a dude I played with a few times with Dave and he told me about the blues jam in the first place.  Blues jam. If you’d told me it would be the center of my musical life I would have said you were full of it. 


Pretty kick ass machine we’ve been working up. Mostly one or two chord blues songs and ten or so of my tunes. 


The gigs are three hours at the Home Club and I think generally people play three sets but we did two long ones and it was pretty great. We hit this extended version of my tune Splo that just killed. Not to mention any number of blues songs where the three of us knit our guitars over the bass and drums. We keep in our lanes but still react to everything else. Never did anything like this and it’s pretty damn cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment