Wednesday, November 16, 2011

11/13/11

Another day at Jovitas. My buddy Ken Jones (aka Poetken) asked me to join him in a little round robin songwriter swap. I did and it was fun. I am not into the whole four songwriters on the stage playing one song each going around and around (I've played this way and it's been called a guitar pull, one of the worst names). Most of my songs are two and a half minutes long and when your followed by three others that have songs four to five minutes long you get kinda bored. The "mini set" route is so much cooler. Three songs each and switch. It gives you time to build a little something. Three songs about murder, love or sex. Or some of each really changes the dynamic of a boring songwriters night.

Breakdown

The staff was the same as the last show so everything was great there. My solo setup Is so good it hurts. My Guild jazz box into that Top Hat portly cadet is so sweet I could explode. 5 Watts of dreamy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment