Friday, December 2, 2011

12/1/11

Last night it was the Hickoids at Emo's. It's the last week of business for the original location on 6th street. They are shutting it down so they can run "super  Emo's" which is in the former location of the Backroom (Oh what a glorious shithole that was!). The place is pretty diffrent now, no stairs to the former office upstairs, no "outside" stage and for some odd reason the urinal wasn't leaking piss all over the floor. I'm gonna miss not standing in my and others urine while I add more...

Breakdown

The sound guy, Tom, is one of the best in town. He can take any batch of half-assed idiots and make them sound like a practiced combo. It's a skill developed over thousands of nights of mixing three to eight bands each evening. He almost makes it look (sound) easy. He told me someone (from Emo's)  told him not to worry he would have a job. Somebody needs to snap that dude up and give him some serious $.

No Johnnie Hell, but we had Jacob and Scott. Even I don't know who I'm gonna be playing with. I got three beer tickets and that was all I needed.

I'm kinda gonna miss that shithole.

No comments:

Post a Comment