Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3/17/12

This is late... and I'm still tired!

Hickoids had two shows on St Patty's day aka the day before my birthday/ my last day of sxsw.
#1 Woopsy party at Trophies. It was the standard setup, three stages with bands going on all the time. We were inside and followed by the Grannies. Every time I play here I get up on the first song and remember "oh yeah, I need some glow in the dark fret markers". The stage and lighting is weirdly dark and shadowy. Usually that would be a good thing but I keep missing notes! It's possible that some day I'll fix this...

#2 Nightrockers in SA. Davy and I showed up and Pat Todd was going on! They were just a four piece but they rocked it. Before we went on I walked by Lance and he said "Hi, I'm Trevor" so I said "Hi, I'm Devin". He asked "did you say Bevin?" I lied and said yes. Fast forward and we are playing Bennie and I look at Lance and he is singing "Bevin and the jets". I lost it.

I'll do some kind of SXSW wrap up thingy in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment