Friday, February 8, 2013

2/2/13

#1

Me and the Ladies at a backyard party. Evan from Cunto asked us to play so we couldn't say no. There were a number of people there who were distillers and brewers so quality booze was flowing freely. About ten minutes after getting there someone offered me moonshine! I had the tiniest nip and it kept me warm and happy.

Somewhere in the middle of our set this big hairy dude started rolling around in the dirt. Earlier in the night he was "playing along" with us on a wind chime, smacking it against a tree. A wonderful drunken oaf.

We had a lot of fun, but I couldn't stay there as long as I wanted, I had to get home and swap out my gear for...


#2

Hickoids at the ND. This was the record release for the Reivers and Shoulders was on the bill! I haven't seen them in years and it was brilliant hearing all those songs again.

Cindy Toth is still the Reivers bass player and she used to be mine! It was great to see her again.

Breakdown

Moonshine! And several beer tickets at the ND made for a lovely night.

I'd dropped my bass of for a set-up a week and a half before (this was the only two week break I had before May, but then we booked a show...) and I was thinking I was going to have to use my second. I was thrilled to get a call around noon saying it was ready. I practically have a new instrument!

No comments:

Post a Comment