Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1/25/13

Late again...

I did a thirty minute set to kick off the Pocket Fisherman's latest event at the Hole in the Wall. Cunto and a few others were also involved. They had both stages going, "acoustic" in the front and bands in the back. Of course I wasn't very acoustic playing my Jazz box through a vibroluxe, but it sounded great!

The night was a lot of fun until the break between the last act up front and the last act in the back (Fishermen). The band upfront, Boomswagglers, kept playing on and on and the Fishermen (the folks who put the show together) were waiting for them to finish. It started to get a little uncomfortable, but it seemed like they were about to finish their set... until they started another song.

So PF's said fuck it and kicked their set off. I'm not exactly sure what happened next but I see the big oaf singer from the Boomswagglers come running at Mike Nicolai with his fist in the air. He looked like a real idiot. He was literally running with his fist over his head, telegraphing his punches ahead of time like a two year old in a preschool fight. Pitiful.

I don't know what the results were, but Mike seemed fine after.

Breakdown

I got paid and a few free beers! I win!!

My new solo rig sounds amazing, I'm loving the hell out of it.

It was a great night other than the idiot from the Boomswagglers.

No comments:

Post a Comment