Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Ladies go recording!


I got down to Million Dollar Sound after work on Saturday. All of the Ladies were already there and set up for the session when I showed up. I figured it would take a while to get both drum kits ready for tape, but Kurtis knocked that out in no time and when I got there he was making a beer run. The kind of pro I like!

I set up and we got to it. We knocked out the basics for five tunes and about half of the overdubs in a very casual five hours! We did three gang vocals (including doubling on all of them) I finished the vocals on two songs and we got percussion on two others.

Now all they need is some organ, a few lead and rhythm guitar parts, and vocals on the three I didn't already get. I might do a little solo acoustic instrumental I've worked up but that would be the last of the tracking. Then we'll be ready for mixing.

Boom. Another one in the can!

I have no idea what I'm gonna do with it... I might send it to some folks and see if they will put out an EP (or 45?) We might record six or seven more and make a full album. I'll have a better sense of it when they are all mixed up and pretty. Right now it's emailed mp3's played through computer speakers and it sounds great so it should sound a whole lot nicer when it's finished up and polished.

Recording is a ridiculous amount of fun and I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment