Thursday, April 10, 2014

4/5/14

I made the drive to the Triple Crown and got there right before we were gonna play. There was some lineup juggling going on and at one point we were third, but in reality we were second (and I sadly can't remember who was first...) We got up and Hickoided the hell out of it for about forty five minutes. Nice set. There weren't as many people there as last month, but they were drunk and happy and therefore they loved us.

Gringos were next. The set was a whole lot better getting to hear everything and I think they played better than the night before because of it. Also there were no "surprise instrumentals", a huge plus.

The Beaumonts were last. I wasn't gonna stick around for the set, but I did anyway. That's the second time in a row I was gonna ditch their set and I didn't, I'm hardcore. Well, in reality there was too much love in the room to go. I'm really happy I stayed, they played three new songs!!! It was a beautiful, baby Jesus kinda miracle. I don't think they've changed the set much in the last two or three years so this was a really cool surprise. I think they did it all for me...

Fortunately there were no asshole-egomaniacs on the bill. Everyone was happy to be there and ready to play. You know, like they are supposed too. It also looks like the Crown might have a small reprieve on the building. Apparently there is a lot of opposition to condos being built that close to the river. Let's hope that fight goes to regular people and the condo building folks lose their asses.

I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment