Friday, April 4, 2014

Studio and Euro updates

I went back to Million Dollar Sound to knock out the vocals with Kurtis last night. Almost got everything done in one take which is a very good feeling. Kurtis said I must have been ready to nail it for a while, I don't know if I'm that impressive, but he is that kind.

We still need to proof it all before we get in to mixing it, but it's sounding really good at this point and I can't wait to hear what happens with it next. The ladies whip ass.

In other news I am not joining my fellow Hickoids for the European tour this summer. I know I said I was going for part of it, but when you compare the price of flights with the current state of the Hickoid band fund, it isn't worth it to fly someone out half way to replace me. That could literally be the difference between losing and making money. My ego isn't so big it's going to put the band in to bankruptcy. So I will "take the hit" and stay home for one tour.

I'm gonna miss not going. I understand they are headed to Italy and France, two places I haven't been yet and apparently a couple of the Italian clubs are primo. I'll miss the hell out of that (and all the pretty Italian chicks...). They are playing the Sonic Ballroom in Klon. I played there once on a South Filthy tour and what a craphole! The folks that work there are very kind, they feed you and there is a dorm upstairs so everything is taken care of, but it was the only place on the tour I didn't shower after the show. It felt better being dirty than hopping in that nasty shower.

I'm not gonna miss that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment