Friday, March 13, 2015

2/28/15


Once again it was the Hickoids last on a bill of three for a Saturday night at the Hole in the Wall. I got there late. It was cold and wet as hell and the crowd looked like it, it was dead as hell. 

I got lazy and only brought a bass head but it turns out the Hole's bass cab is a broken down piece of shit. When I turned up the low end or hit the string a little hard "flap, flap, flap" was the only sound the big bass driver made... It sounded ok if I was turned down low, but there was an incredible lacking of bottom end balls. I won't rely on the house rig in the future.

Our set was ok, by the time we went on the crowd had fattened up nicely and the were moving around a lot so maybe it just looked like more people were there (also barely anyone was outside smoking because of the shitty weather, another boost to the crowd).

We finished up a little early, got paid and loaded out in the cold cold rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment