Wednesday, March 18, 2015

3/15/15

Around 11 AM folks started getting to my house. Hickoids and Trixie Trainwreck were heading to Bend TX to play at Bob's. Once Smitty pulled up in the freak we started loading and he told me I should bring a guitar... Uh, I haven't played solo in a couple of years, but OK!

We made the drive, loaded in and bullshitted around for a bit before it was time to get noisy. Then I got up and did forty-ish minutes. Mostly I played a tunes I've been doing with the Ladies but I also threw in a few that don't generally get played outside of the house, including a couple of covers. It was fun, but I prefer the full band, I'm not going back to solo more than occasionally.

Trixie got up next.  She plays the acoustic, stomps on a kick drum and wails on a kazoo when she isn't singing. I think I met her three years ago at SXSW, she is from San Francisco, but lives in Germany and is partnered up with the Pony named Olga folks. She had a whipping little set and I'll get to see it a few more times this week!

Hickoids got up and played a decent first set. There weren't many people, but it was a great afternoon warmup for the big festival and we got free food and beer! Bob joined us (again) for a few tunes in the second set. It was good playing with him, but next time we need to plan out a couple of songs for him to play with us before we are on stage. There was a lot of standing around talking about what we were gonna play next. Maybe we'll start planning next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment