Friday, April 1, 2016

3/19/16

My second and final show for SXSW 2016 was at 5PM on Saturday the 19th at the '04 Lounge. It was the Hickoids and it wasn't the Hickoids... Cody had to leave town for a death in the family, rough...

It was already a mess of an afternoon by the time I got there. White Miles from Austria was setting up and about to whip some ass. I drank some off brand beer (it actually said "cold snack" on the side of the can...) and prepared myself for the evening.

White Miles was pretty on it. I'd been joking with Andy, tour manager extraordinaire before they played "another fucking band with drums and guitar... how original." My snotty ass shut up real quick once they started. Pretty awesome riff-rock with loads of animal drums underneath. How could I not love it!

Our set was pretty lackluster by comparison. We played fine without Cody, but we aren't our best when he's not around. The '04 is a lot of fun. You are right on the floor and folks are walking by when your playing it really gives you the opportunity to fuck with them! I love bumping my sweaty ass up against a total stranger in the middle of a set. Makes me feel like I have power. The power to fuck with the innocents!!! Well... there were nostly non-innocents there at that point.

Fishermen were next followed by Monkey Shines followed by others I missed because I'm lame and wanted to go home. So I did.

SXSW was easy this year, which means it may come back for vengeance next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment