Saturday, April 23, 2016

4/16/16

Basically it was a stripped down version of last weekend's show in Austin, with the Hickoids on last and at the Hole in the Wall. Big difference is I caught the majority of bands AND I didn't play like shit! Woo ME!

I did miss Jesus Christ Superfly, I hadn't seen those guys in a couple of years and i was looking forward to it, but didn't quite get out of the house in time. Lame. Me...

Beaumonts did the Beaumont thing. Funny how I don't even think about those dirty ass songs anymore. They are a part of my subconscious now, and apparently my subconscious is fine with songs about dog fucking. Everything is normal at the moment.

For a part of their set I was outside watching a dude do 7/8's of a card trick. It was one of those long drawn out story tricks (he did a decent job, but you could tell he didn't practice that often (I'm letting the magic geek slip out...) He got distracted near the end and it kinda fell apart. I'd never seen a card trick at the Hole before, wish it was a doozy...

PDB went next with the same shenanigans as last week, in a room a quarter of the size. It's actually more impressive in the back of the Hole. They are right on top of you, at Fitz it's more of a "show over there" Not at the Hole. Byron being right on top of you isn't necessarily the best thing, but it happens...

Our set was pretty great. We pulled out a bunch of tunes we rarely play and a couple we never play. Feels good when you can surprise yourself!  It had been at least a year since we even practiced "Gudbye To Jane", but we did it early in the set and we pulled it off Good work Hickoids! Now go practice for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment