Sunday, May 29, 2016

5/28/16

As expected Kansas City was great. 

This little tour was put together because the Westport Roots Festival wanted us to play. We rolled up and got set up with wristbands and gift bags and hung out in the green room for a while. It smelled great when we opened the door. When we got upstairs, where the party was, it was good and smokey and it states that way all night. My people!

They fed us, they beered us and liquored us up real good. Too good! After the set I was given a fifth of Four Roses Bourbon. I'll get to that in a minute. 

Our set was at the firefly, we were second to last and we had a solid crowd that was really in to us. Lots of people jumping around like fools and singing along.... We all agreed, it made up for Tulsa.  

Back to that fifth. I didn't have a way to carry it around and I burdened Cody with my dilemma. Being the country gentleman he is he stashed it in his coat. Then he took off and we lost him for an hour. Eventually we found him well lubricated with two-thirds of the liquor left. He was missing the cap but the booze made it!

Dallas tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment