Wednesday, August 21, 2019

8/16/19

We played Marseilles the other day in this tiny club called La Salle Gueule. It a two level club that can’t be more than 800 square feet total and that includes the toilet and stairs. The shows are down in the basement, a windowless cave that is a sweat factory as soon as six people are in it. I had a sport-coat on...

We were last on a bill of three. First off was a trio of folks from Russia!!  I wish I could remember their name (not that I could spell it if I did....) they were down here on holiday and were added to the bill last minute. Did some really nice noise rock I was digging hard. At least for the three songs I saw... sweaty in that jacket. 

The Dirtees were next. Apparently they lost their drummer a while back and they’ve been playing with a drum machine for the last month. It wworked! Rockin stuff with a lot of energy. But I was able to make it for three tunes. 

We went up and it was pretty crowded. We had a great set. The crowd was really into it. At the end the floor was soaked with sweat. The humidity in the room must have been 90%. I was drenched through. I went outside and took off my shirt to cool down. When My body dried off I put it back on and was freezing. After we watched a dozen or so rats running around the street. Huge fuckers that did not care. Marseilles!

No comments:

Post a Comment