Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Superpower 2

This one is from last year.

Hickoids were playing the "Gringopalooza" weekend up in the DFW portion of Texas. Friday night was in Ft Worth at a club next door to a club I played 10 years prior which was also the last time I'd been in FT Worth.

We play the set and say our goodbyes and we head off to find a motel for the night. We drive in the "Dallas" direction and we pass several sold out places and finally come up on a Motel 6 that has  a vacancy. One room for the four of us * and those double beds are small, as usual I'm sleepin in the van. I brush my teeth and pull up the hoodie hood and drift off to dreamland around 3AM.

At some point in the night I hear two girls talking near by and I wake up and see them head upstairs. I turned over as I heard them knock on a door to one of the rooms and I fell back asleep.

A few hours later I wake up with my cell phone asking me if I was ready for breakfast so I'm up and moving around. As I was pulling on my pants I noticed a bunch of guys leaving the room the girls went in to. They had a couple of video cameras. And several sets of professional lights. Had I known what was going on I would never be able to sleep next to people making a real live movie!

* There is always fluctuating number of band members, as Smitty says "Seeing the Hickoids is like a handjob from a leper, you never know how many your gonna get"

No comments:

Post a Comment