Friday, February 10, 2012

Derby

So the roller derby...

I/we played it twice, once with the ladies and then with the casters. Let me start out by saying I knew what we were getting in to and I am NOT complaining even if it sounds like I am. I get that the bands are maybe 3% of the reason people go to the thing and that everyone (myself included) just want to see cool chicks wail on each other. But, the city wide garage sale was in the main/larger section so the derby was relegated to the other hall.

The smaller hall...

So small the stage was at the side of the grandstands. As in half of us were playing to the the room and the other half was playing to what was under the bleachers. No ones fault, just bad circumstances. And no free beer or even water.

Oh well, both bands kicked some ass. The ladies and I did the usual whip it thing and the casters are more on the money than ever with the new drummer. I'm looking forward to playing in a club soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment