Thursday, April 5, 2012

Goodbye Music Lab


I'm not going to miss you.

$12 to $15 an hour to practice in an under air conditioned 12' X 14' space, with the sounds of ALL the other bands around you coming through the under-sound proofed walls, or through the under preforming AC ducts. That's right, it was an exceptionally smart move running straight pipes from one room to the next guaranteeing crystal clear sound from the connecting rooms. Brilliant!

I'm also going to miss the microphones you let us use. I know I shouldn't expect much, but I'm in a band with Jeff Smith and he sticks his mic down his pants and makes me smell it. That mic smells like a rose garden compared to the mics you've let me use in the past. I'm not even gonna get in to the ones that have shocked me...

But most of all I'm gonna miss your employees.

I know it's hard being a musical genius and being in the coolest/best band in the whole goddamn town. It must be especially hard when some asshole wants his room (that he paid $12-$15 an hour for) opened and he has the gall to expect the PA to work and you need a smoke break... It's a tough life.

I'm just glad that you are no longer a part of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment