Saturday, August 31, 2013

8/30/13

Back at the Hole

Four bands on the bill, we all got 45 minutes or so.

Me and the Ladies kicked things off. It was our first time on the back stage and it felt a little strange. I've played there with a bunch of bands, but never with MY act, the whole time we were up there I was kinda thinking "Why aren't I playing bass?"

We did "Selfish". Davy finally go to hear "His" song. I think he liked it, even the breakdown when I started describing his masturbatory style in graphic detail. I don't really know how he does it and I was using a lot of conjecture, but I'm willing to bet I was fairly accurate.

El Pathos were next. They sat down and were quiet! It was pretty odd, but in a good way.

Hickoids were big and loud. I didn't hit Tom with anything during the entire set (don't worry, he's got it coming...)  We were four or five songs in and we got it worked up to a pretty good lather and this girl jumps up on stage and starts dancing. And then her dog jumps up to join in.

We finish the song and she's up there just looking around. I grab the mic and tell her to pick up Smitty's guitar and start playing, she is a Hickoid now. I also mentioned that her dog would make and excellent addition to the band and once it got wet, the smell of the freak van should improve greatly.

Everybody laughs, she (and the dog) jump off stage and we play a few more and finish the set. We are breaking down and Churchwood is setting up, I'm talking with Bill Anderson and she comes back up to the stage and throws a pitcher of beer at him! Was it aimed at me? Does she now hate us? How did she get so pissy so fast? Everything was a little fuzzy last night, I guess we'll find out what is up with her at practice next week...

Churchwood finished things off (with a half soaked Bill). They brought the horns, it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment