Sunday, March 9, 2014

3/7/14

Friday night I played at the Local with the ladies. We were the band for the night and played from 10-1. When I got there all if the ladies were set up and already drinking. I had some catching up to do...

I got my rig together and hit the bar. Both of the (lovely) bartenders were old pals of mine, it was great seeing both Janna and Tiffany again and having them give me beer all night!

We got up and did the first set. My old drummer Jill was there and she brought some friends, good to see her and she loved seeing the double drummer lineup. There were a number of other folks who were watching us and enjoying themselves and we played pretty well. Nothing glorious, but nothing shitty. 

Second set Jill left and took her pals. The other folks slowly dissipated all over the place and our quality started slipping... Nothing awful just some overplaying here and there and we were missing some of the stops. It happens, we moved on. 

Then set three happened. I don't want to be too melodramatic here but it was pretty bad... I'm pretty sure it was the booze. I wish (and planned) for it to go better, but it didn't. No excuses. It kinda sucked. 

After everyone loaded out I had a beer at the bar talking with Tiffany and Janna. They noticed the sloppy but they didn't seem to care about it too much. Janna books the place and she asked if we wanted to do it again. I'm up for that, but we got to do better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment