Thursday, October 9, 2014

10/4/14

ACL Week 1 Day 2

The bill was packed with bands at the Lost Well, at least it started out that way... When I pulled up Tom was walking out and he told me we were on , NOW! I thought I would be there for the start of Black Salve but they didn't play... I knew I'd miss the openers, We are the Asteroid, because day jobs suck.

Tom was wrong and we waited for our scheduled start time of 7. It's early for Hickoids, but apparently it was a good time for the Swishbucklers fifth practice/second show. Lance got to sing! "Shame, shame, shame" went off reasonably well. I started playing the chords while there was some "banter" going on. Then I popped on the tuner without realizing they had counted it off. Oops.

We finished up the pirate booty shake and I hung out to the bitter end for some beautiful music. I really wanted to see Texacala's "new" band, Hey and  the Poor Dumb Bastards. They didn't disappoint. There was a pie stand out front so I spent some quality time luxuriating in some sweet and sticky goodness in between beers and bands.

At the end of the night Byron from the PDB found his window smashed out. What a shitty end to a decent evening.

More next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment