Friday, September 30, 2016

9/24/16

By the time I got to San Antonio and started loading my gear in to the Amp Room I was thinking "I'm about a third through with this shit." Still sick. Hickoids were on some bill for an SA paper... I pay zero attention most of the time, I pay even less when I'm sick...


The stage was one of those that looks big until your on it. Gear made it worse. They had a drum riser that was tiny. Not really big enough for the average kit. And there were big monitors all over the place, eating up the precious real estate we so desperately needed.



Our set was ok. No rehearsal since the last show so we weren't as tight as usual. Also three of us were a little sick (flashback!) So that added to our sluggishness. New bass is great. With Bigfoot it was easy to get settings that work. With the Hickoids there is a little more "action" so the settings change more. I don't have them down yet, but it's coming.



I loaded out and was driving home before the next band went on. I wasn't waiting around for anything. The drive home was easy and I was on the couch a little after 2AM.



ACL is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment