Saturday, August 4, 2018

8/3/18

Hickoids were at the Lost Well last night. I got there right when All Monsters Attack we’re going on. They were tight as hell and it sounded really good in the room. Like better than I’ve heard any band sound in there. I found out that thei soundcheck they did was a half hour long... not sure who was behind that. Really doesn’t matter, they sounded great. 

The Beaumont’s from central Lubbock Texas were next!! It’s been months since we played with them. I’ve missed it!  They did “The Boots Stay On” and I’m guessing the reaction wasn’t quite what they wanted so they did it again!?!?!? Possibly the funniest thing I’ve ever seen them do. And I’ve seen them do a lot of funny shit over the years. 


Our set was decent. The highlights were Wade Driver getting up for a couple and we did our “Canada suite”. Five songs from Canadian artist chopped up and ruined by Hickoids. We’d done a fair amount of work in it and the reaction was pretty lackluster. Won’t be the last time... SA tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment