Wednesday, September 21, 2011

9/18/11




ACL day 4. The last day of the Corn Lovers Fiesta, it's a little sad it over... I played first with the girls and we kicked ass! It was our last time playing with Jill (new job and life stuff) but we have a new drummer we are gonna start getting whipped in to shape this week. Cunto was next, those guys have come a long way, really tight and strong. They said they were recording with Cris Burns, I can't wait to hear it. Hickoids were next and we continued to dominate. With seven pieces it's hard not to.

Then something weird happened. The next band, the Swindles showed up, I even saw Joe from the stage while we were playing, but by the time we finished they were gone. Apparently the drummer didn't want to do the show, so they all piled back in to the car and drove back to SA. Weird.

The Pocket Fishermen did the usual ass kicking later in the night. Brandt was dressed as, as... uh well, just look at the picture... Nightmare clown?

Breakdown

All this went down at the Scoot Inn and I was there all day drinking free beer (thanks to playing twice and getting some drink tickets from some non drinkers) it's nice to get treated like a human. I wish I could remember his name, but the sound guy was great. He had the room dialed right in.

I used my guitar rig and the SVT for bass. BC had a lot of fun playing a huge bass amp.

Damn, I love music.

No comments:

Post a Comment