Sunday, May 27, 2012

5/24/12

Casters in SA, but down the street from the Mix... It's rough passing that place on the way to High Tones. The Tones is a fine club, but as I've said before the Mix is the best in SA. We oped for a Latin flavored reggae band from Miami. I don't know how the fuck they got to SA on a Thursday night, but they were there and sounded damn fine.

$3 Bill was being a little bitch, not wanting to dress for his band, but Smitty put the screws to him and he straightened it out. Kinda pitiful when the front man doesn't want to "play" in his own band.

Breakdown

Two beer tickets each which is shitty, but Lone Star tall boys and big, heavily poured well drinks for $2, not bad. They have a new stage there, It's fairly big, but I preferred playing on the floor. There are too many casters for a stage that size.

I used the new TC rig for the first time. It took a little while to get it dialed in, but it was sounding pretty mighty. Those TC folks aren't kidding. Stacking the 2X12 cabs makes it deep and punchy. I can't wait till I get a few more shows in with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment