Tuesday, May 8, 2012

5/5/12

This one started a little rough. The drive to Dallas went fine but there were some issues with getting all the Hickoids to the Kessler theater, but it all worked out. I got some 5 Hour to make it through the night. I really needed it after the week...

The May 5th celebration (they call it something else in Mexico!) was a lovefest of Dallas proportions. The Gringos brought out the usual big and happy crowd. It's nice heading up there and getting a bunch of hugs and free beers from people I generally only see in the big D. It actually makes me happy to be there (and that's saying something, I've had more than my share of bad evenings in Dallas).

Breakdown

The only free drinks I got were from the Gringos and a few of the lovely folks who came to watch. Shame on you Kessler...

The sound was great. I used Tubb's Orange Class D amp with the matching 4 X 10" cab. It sounds pretty mighty but it doesn't quite have the slam when things get LOUD! But I'm just being picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment