Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thoughts on rehersal spaces

It's a whole new world. Since we cut the ties with music lab rehearsals have actually become enjoyable. My "personal" space is about a quarter mile from my house. It costs $100 a month to share it with four other bands. I get one night a week for me and the ladies and can take ANY time not already taken by the other groups. So if we felt like it, the ladies and I could practice three days a week, all day long for $100 a month.

Lets look at that in terms of the Music Lab. $12-$14 an hour for a shitty room where you can hear EVERYONE around you. Shitty mics that they make you leave your ID to "rent". A useless PA and don't even think about going over on your time, that will cost you another hour. Also the room smell. I'm not sure if they have ever been cleaned.

The Hickoids have made the jump too. We are in a different place that Lance has been involved with for a number of years. All the numbers are the same an it only goes to prove one thing.

It's a tremendous deal to NOT use the Music Lab.

Thank the god I don't believe in that I'm not paying them any more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment