Friday, July 27, 2012

7/26/12


Hickoids at the Hole. I got there just as the Beaumonts were starting they were strong as always. I'm glad I like them since this was the first of three shows with them. I was running late because I went to see BC and Draya's other band, Hey Gurl at the Frontier bar. Yup, half of my band was playing in another band at the same club we are playing on Monday. It's even weirder, Wiley was playing in the band after Hey Gurl... It's an Austin thing, play in as many bands as you can as often as possible. The slow orgy continues.

Hickoids had a good but sloppy set. The sound guy kept having us turn down so he could mix the room better. I get it and I appreciate a sound guy caring how things sound, but we will play better if our boxes are loud. It's a fact. A band like the Hickoids does not need a finely crafted soundstage where every nuance is revealed in layers of beauty. We are a cow punk band. We need to be loud.

Breakdown

I didn't pay for one beer last night! That's even better than the old hole. I even got lucky while we were playing, folks brought up four lonestar tallboys and sat them in front of me! Eventually half of them spilled all over the stage but it was pretty close to closing time so it didn't matter. Beer!

San Angelo tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment