Saturday, July 28, 2012

7/27/12

Hickoids in San Angelo at the Penny Pub

It was another sloppy set, but it was a hell of a lot of fun. Beaumonts continue to kill. Song after song of brilliant, smart ass country songs. I'm really happy we are playing these shows with them. This is "tour" will continue to kick ass.

Charlie's holy happy hour was the opener. He lived in Austin for years and he and I played in many of the same songwriters nights back in my early days. I found out he was on the bill a half hour before we got to town. Nice surprise.

Breakdown

We'd been at the club for about 15 minutes, basically long enough to unload the freak and I was offered food and beer from two different people. Once again, spoiled by leaving Austin.

Davy and I finished the night with a smoke by the pool at the best western on the 306. It's really calm and quiet. A nice end to the night.

We will be back San Angelo. Midland tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment