Tuesday, July 31, 2012

7/30/12

This was one of those times where being exhausted made things better. Me and the ladies at the Frontier Bar, our first show with the double drummer lineup and we were mighty. We opened things up with "the record" * and went on from there. There was a proper amount of slop to make things pretty and we played as if we were on tour for the last five days.

I love this band.

Heather Bishop opened the show. I'd never seen her with a band before, they were great. Her bass player was wearing an Otis shirt so that made me real happy. Dickie Lee closed things out with his cosmic cowboy leanings. I hadn't seen him since he opened for the Hickoids a couple of months back, this was another great set. Brooks, the former Hole in the Wall bartender who has seen me play several hundred shows and has poured me several thousand beers, was still with him playing leads on a telecaster. That fucker is good. And hell, Donnie on drums... i know 75% of that band!

Breakdown

I've been friends the bartender since he was 19. I got two drink tickets and was taken care of after that. I like Frontier Bar and we will be playing there again.

I pretty much have this week off with practices/shows starting back up next week. I'm gonna go nap.


* The record means we start with the first two tracks on "You Make Me Feel...".

No comments:

Post a Comment