Sunday, July 17, 2011

7/15/11

Salute is one hell of a sweaty joint. Pack sixty or so folks in a room (and AC) meant for thirty it's not gonna be pretty. Add in the 104 degree temps we've been having and it ain't gonna smell any better either.

Hickoids played the middle slot after Pinata Protest and before a German band called The Boss Hoss. Evidently they are wildly popular in Germany. For a seven piece they had a 15 passenger van, an RV, a truck for the gear, some road crew, and some folks filming them. It must be fun having a budget. They appeared to be having a blast...

Breakdown

We bassists used the same SWR 2 10" combo that sounded farty to me on stage. It could my usual problem with low powered combos, my "attacky" style overwhelms them pretty quick. The other two bassist sounded solid, but not very loud. My rig would have sounded better, but it was still being fixed.

I never got a chance to ask if there was a beer deal for bands, the place was pretty packed when we got there and it never eased up. I paid $3 for Lone Stars and someone bought me one on stage (thanks!) not a horrible rip-off, but it's not The Mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment