Thursday, July 28, 2011

7/23/11

Trifecta day three. During the Bigfoot Chester set Wade and Liz were yelling "Trifecta!", it made me happy.

Bigfoot whipped it, Matt from Chili Cold Blood filled in for Trey on drums. He and I did a South Filthy session a few years ago and I haven't seen him since. It was great playing with him again.

Before we played we got in to a conversation about shitty drummers and how a little time with a metronome could straighten them out. It's a conversation I've had with a hundred other bass players, but never a drummer. Matt must be some kind of anomaly.

Breakdown

The Hole in the Wall kind of sucks...

A $50 beer tab for four bands is not enough. I got one free Lone Star and I watched Bill and Matt get get nothing. The Hole could (and in the past, did) do better...

My rig sounded like shit on the first couple of  numbers. I got it dialed in eventually, but it still needs help.

No comments:

Post a Comment