Friday, October 12, 2012

10/11/12

Day one ACL

What a night. I put in a full shift at the White Horse last night and I am paying for it today. Got there a little after 6 and left around 1:45. I wonder if they offer health insurance?

The Ladies and I started things off. We had a good set, but I'm starting to think my amp is too small to deal with the SPL of two drummers. I had that thing cranked and I wasn't getting much out of it. 22 watts through a 12" speaker may be a little on the wimpy side. We started things out early and played to a handful of people, but we had a lot of fun.

By the time the Hickoids came on the place was PACKED. It was hard getting to the stage. We did two of the new songs we've been working on. Including "If Drinkin Don't Kill Me" which has four different choruses. I think I sang most of the words right.

There were a total of seven or eight bands including The Beaumonts, Mike and the Moonpies, The Swindles and Cunto. Apparently the guys in Cunto count ACL for their anniversary because they started playing right before the first one. Beautiful.


Breakdown

The club was very generous to us. I had a bunch of Lone Star and I didn't pay for most of them! They took care of ALL the bands the same way.  My old friend Waldo was even working the bar. What a cool fucking place.

More tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment