Saturday, October 13, 2012

10/12/12

Day Two ACL

It was supposed to be my last show with the Casters, but Bill was MIA and the Hickoids played instead. I guess my last Casters show was this one... I'm glad I wore the dress now.

Scorpio Rising started things off at the Gypsy Lounge, yet another east Austin bar I've never been too. Wonderbread finally has a wireless so he can literally run everywhere during the set, it was time. I'd been tripped up by his cord plenty of times. And there is something about their drummer, he kind of looks like lady...

Hickoids get up and right before we were going to play, it's corn tug time. Two people one ear of corn and some Wesson oil. The most exciting three seconds in rock and roll and history was written with the help of some nipple twisting. The oil stuck around for the rest of the night. On the floor. Right in front of the stage.

We had the Lolly Gaggers step in and "become" Corn Maidens for the night. There was lots of rubbin and bumpin goin on all over the place. The crowd was pretty randy for a Hickoids show. Fun

Breakdown

I like the Gypsy Lounge. I got three free Lone Stars which wasn't too bad and the folks working were pretty cool. I'll go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment