Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Things Change/ACL


ACL weekend. It's a busy one. As I posted here, me and the ladies are opening the fest on Thursday (Austin Corn Lovers Fiesta of course). But now it's 7PM at the White Horse, NOT Hotel Vegas. Things change...

We were practicing last night at BC's and the cops came and shut us down. That hasn't happened to me in years, it almost felt nostalgic (if it weren't for it being a total pain in the ass). Shut down at 9PM on a Wednesday night. Live music capital of the what? We'd been practicing there for a few months so this seems a little out of the blue.

We were in a practice space with some other folks, but things got weird and we bailed. We've been doing it at BC's but something has to change there, we can't have the cops showing up all the time. We are gonna try little amps and go from there. Ideally we'll get in a new practice space at some point. Things change...

Friday night is my last show with the Casters. It's time to move on, so I am! Tom is taking over. He did the same thing about a year ago replacing me in the Ideals, now it's the Casters. Things change...

I was joking with the ladies last night (pre cops) that Tom should replace me for a couple of shows. It would still be called "Rice Moorehead and His Ladies", but Tom would fill in on guitar and vocals. Personally I think it would be hilarious.

Updates all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment